Have you been experiencing chronic and debilitating fatigue for some time now? Are you’re starting to wonder if something deeper is going on that is causing the fatigue, like adrenal fatigue syndrome? In this fast-paced world we live in, adrenal fatigue syndrome is becoming all too common. It’s estimated that about 80% of people experience this condition at some point in their lives. However, it is often overlooked and misunderstood by the medical community.
What is Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome?
Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome describes a condition in which your adrenal glands are unable to perform their normal function. This is an issue because the adrenal glands have a very important job. They are in charge of producing over 5o hormones in response to various stressors ((physical, mental, emotional, chemical) we encounter in our day-to-day living. These hormones come to the rescue keep the body balanced. When the adrenal glands can't pump out enough hormones it leads to a variety of symptoms.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue:
- You’re tired even without having indulged in vigorous activities
- You sleep 7-8 hours a night, but you wake up exhausted
- You feel exhausted and weighed down by your responsibilities
- Recovery from an illness or a stressful situation takes longer than it should
- You seem to have the most energy after 6:00pm and feel like the day has just begun
- You can’t seem to digest certain foods although you have never had food allergies before
- You have a tendency to gain weight and/or have a tough time losing it
- You have a reduced sex drive
- You get lightheaded when you get up quickly
- You often have cravings for salty food
- You have numbness in your fingers
- You have Low blood pressure
- You have frequent urination
- You have Poor circulation
- You suffer from Allergies and asthma and maybe you haven’t ever had them before
- You have a poor immune system, you’re getting sick all the time
How do the adrenals get fatigued in the first place?
The Causes of Adrenal Fatigue
1. Problems in the workplace like a demanding boss, long work hours, or even uncooperative colleagues
2. Death of a family member
3. A difficult Divorce
4. Serious accident
5. Major surgery
6. Financial difficulties
8. Problematic family situations
9. Inadequate sleep
11. Substance abuse
13. Long illnesses
Again if you have adrenal fatigue, this is not something you want to ignore as it can lead to many long-term health consequences, if left untreated.
Now we’d love to hear from you in the comments below. What is your burning question? What are your biggest symptoms? We are a healing community and your comment could support others on their healing journey. So take a moment to drop us a line below.