This has been coming up a lot for us lately.
The idea of feeling "unfixable" or feeling "stuck" with your health.
Many in our community are just beginning to learn about adrenal fatigue, but for many the reality is that adrenal fatigue is another "condition" on top of many-- from sneaky, hard to pinpoint viral or bacterial infections, addictions, cancer, MS and much more.
We get feedback from those suffering that "adrenal support alone-- can't FIX me" and we totally understand why you feel that way.
But if we may, we want you to know why having strong, supported adrenals is important when recovering from something bigger than "hormonal imbalance".
YOUR ADRENALS = YOUR RESILIENCE GLANDS.
When I was working my way through nutrition school we went over protocols for supporting all sorts of different conditions-- literally ALL the different conditions. The thing that blew me away all those years ago and part of the reason I am so passionate about this topic today is because the number one recommendation mentioned, protocol after protocol was --- MANAGE OR REDUCE STRESS.
Let's face it, when your body is facing something huge-- an addiction, cancer, a stealth infection like LYME or Epstein Barr Virus) or even emotional trauma, or surgeries…-- your body is doing what it can to regulate and survive, it's actually amazing what the body does to PROTECT us. ** insert time for a quick, big self-hug**
And if you're NOT facing something huge at this time, then think of how important the health and resilience of your body is to prevention.
We can't deny these little glands are flippin' important, can we?
Anyways, what I'm getting at is the more we can reduce the overall stress load on our body and keep our adrenal function as optimal as possible, the better equipped and energized our body will be to do its thing to help fight off or process what it's dealing with. Make sense?
We know that working on the adrenals might seem like small fish to some of you when you've got bigger fish to fry, but...we urge you to consider the following when moving forward with your recovery plan:
Follow a holistic protocol
Often when we think of stress, we think of bills, traffic, overwhelm that comes with parenting or a job, but the truth is the stress we are talking about has the potential to come from all the main areas of our lives.
Stress is cumulative. Here are some other areas it can come from:
- Are you sleeping at the right times?
- Are you getting optimal sleep?
- If you aren't sleeping well, it becomes hard to repair your tissues optimally... and many aren't sleeping well due to out-of-rhythm hormones from stress in their daily lives.
- Are you giving your body the nutrients it needs to heal and be super resilient?
- Are you eliminating those things that stress the body and the digestive tract?
- If the body is operating in a state of deficiency, it will be operating under a constant state of stress every day until that deficiency is corrected.
- Are you releasing and detoxing properly to keep the body working optimally?
- Are you getting optimal assimilation from the food you eat?
- If digestion is impaired of overburdened, it has the potential to add stress the body every time you eat, often sparking a hormonal response that involves stress hormones.
- Are you moving the body in a way that is honoring of what you’re going through?
- Is your workout routine contributing to your condition or helping you get your life back?
- Certain exercise can cause tissue damage and oxidative stress in the body, this is totally fine if you have the capacity to recover and repair from your workouts with good self-care, but if not, the wear and tear on the body can be extremely stress inducing.
- Are the thoughts going through your head keeping you stressed, thinking negatively about everything your body is experiencing and extra sensitive?
- Are you constantly finding yourself in the same toxic thought patterns?
- The way our brain perceives what we are experiencing orchestrates a wave of hormonal response to accommodate what the brain is perceiving. Whether we are consciously or unconsciously trapped in fearful or depressive though patterns, it resonates deeply on a physical level.
So when we’re talking about reducing the stress load on the body to heal our adrenals and have more resiliency, we need to address all these areas, not just one or two of them.
The magic that happens when you shift your thoughts, patterns and habits in each of these areas and actually STICK with them long enough for results to show up-- is pretty incredible.
So, if you've ever felt unfixable or just flat out STUCK, then it's time to ensure you're tackling this from a holistic angle.. because I promise you, miracles are happening every damn day.
If you need help implementing this, if you need a clear plan on how to move forward, or a support community to help get you through this, then click here to learn all about our Recovery Revolution and how you can be a part of it.